Saturday, 2 January 2010

Hogmanay

2nd January, 2010 - Aberdeen, Scotland.

There wasn't much to do here for New Year's Eve, not even fireworks to watch. Apparently they have a street party here every year but they had to cancel it this year because their local government has run out of money. Seems rather strange given that Aberdeen is the "Oil Capital of Europe".

We started with a few drinks at Craig's (Linds' boyfriend) place then went to The Mooring's Bar where we saw in the New Year and then a place called Koruva

It wasn't an overly exciting night - no different to a normal night out except busier. The company was good though, so that's the main thing. Still, I'd have rather been in Edinburgh like I'd planned.


- Suicide fences are erected on all bridges in town. Apparently there's a few attempts every year.




- Rachael does her best Blue Steel impression


- Anyone would think Linds was excited.










- Midnight kiss


- The snow started almost on the stroke of midnight.










- Dodgiest kabab I've ever had. I never thought I'd miss aussie kababs.




- The aftermath the next morning, waking up on the couch.

2 comments:

  1. wow really? worse than a 2-am Kebab from somewhere called some permutation of "Kebabs and Pizza"? See, that's why I've always stuck with my 2-am pizza :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. goddamn, what a pain in the arse posting that comment was, no, I don't have an ID for those sites... oh yes, that's right LiveJournal site, fuck with my check-boxes so I have to double-check for sign-up form when my password's not how you'd like... stupido.
    but shoudln't be a problemo again! :D

    ReplyDelete